Thread: gotta pay cash
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: gotta pay cash

Waters...If I remember correctly...your mom lives in a completely different state than you, right? Were you trying to fill a narcotic? Even with a regular prescription...they do have to go through a process before transferring a prescription to another state.

I do agree that there are some pharmacists that when they see a red flag on something they won't go the extra mile to figure it out and just reject it and have you call the insurance company or the Dr.

Vinrock...I know plenty of people who use their insurance to fill their narcotic prescriptions in Florida...in fact many pharmacies actually are the opposite and will NOT allow a prescription to be filled and paid for by cash if you have insurance. This is how many addicts (NOT SAYING YOU ARE AT ALL) fill things trying to double up and Dr. shop...

I would be calling my Dr. and my insurance company to ask them for help. Make absolutely sure that they know you had to pay cash for these prescriptions as Florida is one of the states (41 of them) that has the Prescription Monitoring Program that tracks your prescriptions anywhere in the state when you fill them whether you pay cash, use insurance, etc. And another reason to notify your Dr. asap is because many patients on narcotics have a pain mgmt. contract and only allow their prescriptions to be filled at one pharmacy.

So anyone who has a problem getting a prescription filled with their insurance needs to find out where the problem is. As well as contact their Dr. immediately as they can make phone calls for you as well.

Last edited by Ilovemycutedog; 07-30-2012 at 09:24 AM.