View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: Narrow bowel movements

Don't be afraid of having a colonoscopy, you will be knocked out and you will not feel a thing. I dreaded mine but got through it just fine and so will you! I told the nurse how nervous I was and they took me to a different waiting room then wrapped me in warm blankets, I got to watch a movie and they gave me a mild sedative. By the time I was taken to the room for the procedure I was so relaxed and doctor and nurses were joking with me; the next thing I remember I was waking up and the nurse was asking me if I wanted ginger ale and soda crackers.

The worst part is the prep, however, it is necessary and you can get through this too. Just remember to drink a glass of water for every glass of the Go-Lytely solution(or whatever they use nowadays) to get that nasty taste out of your mouth, plus to avoid dehydration because you will be on the toilet afterward. I have a cousin who sets up her laptop on the toilet, not a bad idea since she works from home and no I am not kidding LOL!

Good luck and please let us know how you are doing afterward. I hope you get some answers soon.