View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Labiaplasty, surgeon has cut through clitoris!

I would first contact your Board of medical Examiners and see if there have been any complaints/litigations for malpractice against this surgeon. Try to find out the details of any. This seems an odd complication. I would insist on seeing the surgeon, stating you think there is a complication you are concerned about. I would be evasive about what that is to anyone other than the Dr. so he doesn't have any forewarning and time to think up an excuse or phony explanation. In the event the feeling doesn't return normally by the time everything else has healed, you have reason for litigation. I would not let him think you are considering that, as he may try to alter your records. I would also get a copy of your operative report from the hospital where this was done, and keep a written record of every phone call and visit going forward, just in case. Hopefully, the split is not deep enough to interfere with sensation once healing is completed. Then you can breathe a sigh of relief!