View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB User
Re: Referred to hematologist, what to expect?

Hi sweet lady!

Of course you feel anxious. I think anyone would. Of course you are fearing lymphoma right now!

There are other more common reasons than cancer for Lymph node swelling. Hopefully this is an infection that can be controlled by antibiotics. Of course it is best to be sure.

The doctors may need to do a biopsy to verify the source of the problem and rule out cancer. With modern anesthetics a biopsy is not bad at all.

Do you have even one family member or friend you can let know about what you are going through? Sometimes it can seem that if we tell anyone it makes it more real. But this is naturally a scary thing. Anxiety is calmed, in my opinion, by telling someone what we feel, and letting ourselves cry and let it out. I am sure you are feeling very tense.

I haven't had a cancer scare, but I have other fears and I know how bad it feels to keep it all inside. It's really hard to wait for news.

Last edited by jillian4; 08-01-2012 at 07:43 AM.