View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
(female)

yippeejf HB User
Re: Thank You and a few Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Since you still have all your plumbing, are you on birth control? If so, it may just be a matter of adjusting your med - that's what I did. If not, you might could go on them. You could do anti-depressants but i've just never felt like taking tranquilizers for a hormonal issue made any sense if one could tolerate bcp or HRT. Having a mother who was addicted to valium and other things over the years does not endear me to them.
I haven't been on any form of birth control since 1988. We tried to get pregnant for years, just never worked, even with fertility drugs. It was me as he now has 2 children with his 2nd wife.

I've been on and off anti depressants the last few years. There is always a trade off when taking them. I got on Cymbalta a few months ago and my emotions were much better. During this time I started wondering if I was peri because of the other symptoms. Had to ween off Cymbalta again as my health insurance wouldn't pay for them because there wasn't a generic form and they wanted me to have already tried 2 other forms of anti-depressants.

Hoping to try a therapy that will help with most of the symptoms, including the emotional roller coaster.