View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

purplegirl1 HB Userpurplegirl1 HB Userpurplegirl1 HB Userpurplegirl1 HB User
Re: anyone emotional after fusion?

Workinmomof3,

Omg i just had this conversation 2nite with my hubby and mom. I have ocd and depression/anxiety to begin with and take an anti depressant already. I have a daughter who is just about 3 yrs old & a 3.5 month old son. I had 2 laminectomy/diskectomys in Feb and march 2011 and a 1 level fusion & laminectomy on 7/11/2012 and then a revision and also some clean up on left side of my spine 7/25/12. I am taking alot of my pain meds and xanax they also prescribed me in hospital. I am sleeping alot bc of the meds and pain but do get up often to w walk in the house etc. My mom lives in Florida and is staying with us until i am better. She is helping us also financially because we can't afford me not working especially after just having the baby. I feel very depressed as well bc i feel like a burden on everyone.....i cant even lift my baby to feed him and hold him so my mom and husband are doing the feedings etc. I know I will get better but I also cry daily and I am going to do a phone therapy session with my therapist asap. I hear from others that depression is normal after surgery. I hate feeling like a burden. I try to male the best by playing with my kids etc but i cant do much or even leave the house with my daughter (my son is little so he doesn't need to leave). My mom put my daughter in camp for August and she loves it. Anyway ur not alone in your feeling!! I think we are doing all we can!

The following user gives a hug of support to purplegirl1:
workinmom572 (08-03-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to purplegirl1 For This Useful Post:
workinmom572 (08-03-2012)