View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User
Re: TED Stockings-Tips for Putting them on

Hi LarimerGirl:
I am happy to tell you that "yes there is a sock donner for those thigh - high stockings"! I actually had one that was very large sized and made of hard plastic. It works the same as the smaller one that is for socks. I had ordered it on the Internet thinking that I might need it, but never used it. (I since have given it to Goodwill and sure hope that someone was able to use it.) I am sorry that I can't remember the name of the company or the Web Site for this gadget but I will do some research after I write this and try to find some information. I had found it while browsing for a sock donner.

I never did get any thigh - high stockings but had the knee high ones for a short time. I found the smaller plastic sock donner I had, worked very well for the elastic stockings.

I also of course used it to put on my regular socks. And to this day I still use this sock donner every day because it saves my back! I also still use the long handled shoe horn (made of sturdy metal) and the dressing stick. I see no reason to give these up because they save time, energy, and my back. I love my dressing aids!

I am glad that you will have some help for a while after your next hip surgery. With your previous experience I am sure you will do very well then when that person leaves and you are alone.

Shirley H.