View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

workinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB User
Re: Disc Protrusion L5/S1

Ive had disc problems for 17 yrs and most recently severely and just had fusión surgery. Over the years I suffered alot also. Having an mri finally should get you some better treatment by Dr's hopefully. I tried all I could all these years, surgery is def the last resort when all else fails and you Cannot live daily life and pain is unbearable. I AM new here, but I recommend Getting 2-3 opinions from different Dr's. And check their credentials. Ask each of them all your options. I had success with epidural steroid injections in my cervical along with therapy and traction. It did not work for my lumbar though. But this is just me. I had a fusión with screws and rods put in. My dad just suddenly ruptured two discs at age 76, always healthy back entire life. He had (i think it is called) a discectomy. They just Took out the ruptured part of his disc. He feels 100% better at 3 weeks and is off all restrictions. Everyone is different, it is Very scary too. I AM not a Dr, this is just my story. Keep looking on here, I found lots of info that I then made sure to ask each Dr ?'s About. Good luck and I wish you pain free.