View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
(female)

maybe200 HB User
Telogen Effluvium Recovery

Hi Everyone,
When I first started obsessing with my massive hair loss I would spend hours researching it online and reading everyones stories trying to find one like my own. Since there is a lot of stories about people who are still struggling I found it hard to not see anyone who has had recovery and promised that once I had calmed down I would post something in order to give hope. I started shedding at the beginning of May massively. It really scared me so I went to the doctor. We had figured out it is because I has switched from Yasmin to a mini pill. I was on the mini pill for 2 month and just like clockwork after 2 months my hair started shedding. I would say I lost at least 1/3 of my hair. It has now been 4 months and I do think the shedding has decreased. I still have some days where I am not sure if I am just getting used to it or if its actually slowly stopping and I do notice that I am losing smaller hairs 0 I am not sure why. I went to go see 2 dermatologist as well who said it was TE and told me I should be on the tail end of it now. They said it would take a year or so for me to get back to my normal condition. I am a healthy 26 year old female. I eat well and work out regularly so this was frustrating to me as I have always tried to help my body. I am a vegetarian and am not always good with protein so I am sure that did not help the situation. The dermatologist said that with someone in my situation Rogain is not a good option and that the only suggestion they had was to wait it out and take at least a 2500mg biotin daily. I am still on a pill but a different one and am hoping that this one will not send me into a bout of TE again. I can't say I have notices any regrowth yet but it is still early. I am hoping that in a year or so I can post a more positive update but I just wanted those who have just started to know that it will eventually slow down. I showered with my eyes closed for a while because I do believe that seeing the shed can cause major trauma so try take your mind of of it but trust me I know its hard. Keep positive and try to forget about it for a while.