View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
(male)

Jason2290 HB User
Re: acne has ruined my life

I'm 22 now. I've had the problem as you for 8 years now. I've met several dermatologists and have gone through a several treatments. Every time I feel its healing, something happens and it gets worse. In school, before acne, I was funny, confident and girls used to adore me, I had my first kiss. After my breakouts, I started secluding myself, avoiding social activities, stopped going out of my room. I was bullied. My grades have fallen. I was my classes top student. I am not motivated to do anything. I can't maintain eye contact in a conversation. I tried to overdose, didn't work. Now, I'm in Uni, but my acne has left marks on my face. I still breakout. I've stopped eating literally anything that contains sugar. When I started to breakout, my girlfriend left me. It happend twice, with different girls. Since then, I've just stopped trying. I'm mentally and emotional scarred, perhaps for life. At least, you have a boyfriend, makeup and some social life. I'm a boy, well now a man, a loner, friendless. I don't know what I've done to deserve this. I would just be happy to be in your place. I know, I'm pathetic. I'm sorry if I wasn't any help. But I can understand what you are going through. No one else can understand what people like us go through, not even family. We have to battle depression and several other difficulties. It requires a ton of confidence for me to just step out of my house.

The following user gives a hug of support to Jason2290:
Kewky (08-16-2012)