Thread: IBS 20yr Misery
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: IBS 20yr Misery

I firmly believe that many people with IBS really have food allergies or intolerances. I am one of those. After 40 years of suffering with IBS, I found out I am diary, gluten and yeast intolerant, and as a result, had leaky gut syndrome that made me sensitive to 31 foods in all. Since taking out just the 3 items, I am like a new person. The key to this though, is you must get IGG food testing done, not IGE. IGE is used for severe, acute allergic reactions to foods like shellfish, peanuts. Most allergies are more subtle, and IGG shows that delayed allergy response. So when people get tested with IGE (the standard allergy test method), they are told they are negative for the allergy, but their IGG (not tested) may have been positive. I would explore that option so you don't have to struggle through the trial and error method of figuring out what foods to avoid. A functional medicine Dr. is more likely to be in tune with that type of testing. Try googling "functional medicine physicians" for your area.