View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User
Re: How often to take methadone

Glad everything went ok! You are really lucky you seem to metabolize slower than average. I am known to be a really fast med metabolizer...pain meds last me about half as long as advertised, plus I easily go into withdrawal. Some doctors see patients every few months and date the scripts the visit date but have a "fill on/after" date in the text. Some have the patient call on months they don't need to be seen to come pick up a script. I've only had doctors do the second, but my doctor said he'll do the fill on/after date if its for meds are due the next week, instead of a month out.

I believe those are both acceptable methods to the DEA. Even without a fill after on/after date, if he writes how many days the script is for (or its obvious, such as take 3 a day and its for 90 pills), I don't think the pharmacy would fill it before it was due anyways. A lot states have a linked system for controlled substances now, plus most folks getting these meds are on contracts to use only one pharmacy.

Writing down when you take your meds is a good idea. Another is to put your allotted pills for the day at the beginning of the day in a separate labeled bottle, such as in your purse. That way you don't carry a lot around either. My pharmacy will give me a duplicate bottle, or else I'll keep the full amount in an older bottle at home. Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisegirl For This Useful Post:
GaNeal (08-08-2012)