View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
(male)

dotdwg HB User
Unhappy ARS - Seeking opinions until I can get tested

Hello all,

I'm sorry to make another thread like this. I know HIV can not be diagnosed online, but I guess I kinda want to hear what somebody else has to say until it's time for my test.

On Saturday, July 28th, I had my first unprotected sex with a same-sex friend that I somewhat trust. We've been having encounters for years, always protected, and we always keep each other in the know about our status, showing our papers and all. Anyways, this time, he suggested if we could try it without protection, and me not having sex for about half a year, stupidly said yes. I was in the giving end.
It didn't take long afterwards for me to regret the decision, especially when I realized that his last negative test was in May. [He promised to get tested tomorrow, but I don't know if I should trust that, at this point].

Five days after the event, I woke up with a tickle in my throat. I walked it off. On the 6th day, my throat was acting up, but nothing major. On the 7th day, however, I felt horrible. I had a bad sore throat, a fever, body aches, and a bit of congestion, but the congestion was very light. Nothing like a cold. On the 8th day, everything was getting better, but my throat was still hurting pretty bad. I could barely eat, and even swallowing ice cream hurts. Today, my throat still hurts, and I feel fatigued. I feel like my throat is very tight.
I do not know if I have swollen lymph nodes, because I've never been able to figure out how to diagnose that. I don't have any sort of rash, nor do I have any spots in my mouth.

I will get tested when it's time, but in the meantime, should I be worried, some-what worried, barely worried? :\

Thank you all!