View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Tooth abcess and extraction, numb face and still in pain

I would go back to the dentist that treated you immediately. The dentist needs to examine you again right away.

I do not have any expertise in dosages of antibiotics, so I cannot comment on that.

I did develop a dry socket after an extraction, and the pain and swelling were very severe due to exposure to the nerve. Swelling around the nerve can also affect sensitivity or lack of, possibly explaining the numbness...Any infection in your head, particularly your mouth can become serious very quickly, and the proximity to the brain is a concern.

What ever is causing the delay in healing and creating all this pain and swelling needs immediate treatment, like tomorrow. So sorry you are going through all this, I know dental problems are very draining. Hopefully your dentist can re evaluate your situation and get you back to feeling yourself again very soon.

Take care.