Thread: Crack Addiction
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Crack Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeckIssueGuy View Post
WOW!!! I couldn't have said that any better,as it is a hard road for sure and a life long part of our decision making every day.
If it wasn't for my wife ready to walk out the door, I would of never stopped the weekend binges,with my crew and other people I thought were friends.

I am 10 years clean now since 2001 my brother and we have to do it.There is nothing better than waking up to NO HELL TOD
I don't believe nobody has posted to this. I will stand up for what I have done as it was a major accomplishment!!!Good luck with your recovery Phoenix
Hello NeckIssueGuy

Congratulations on being 10 years clean.
It's people like you,that help inspire others to want to quit.
It took for your wife to provide a wake up call for you.
Some people bring out the best in others and I believe this is the case here.
I know what you're saying;waking up to life drug-free can be a liberating experience,which I hope more and more people will be able to take in and appreciate with gratitude.
So many are tormented. Facing life on its terms can be overwhelming for many.

I see some of the addicted in my neighborhood and instead of looking down on them,I try to envision what has brought them to their knees.
There are mothers,grandmothers,fathers,cousins,clo se friends,former friends and acquaintances who are affected.
The children suffer in silence,as they know that something's not quite right.Children pay close attention to their parents as they are supposed to be role models.
------------------------------------
If I could,I would reach out to the multitudes and explain to them that there's a better way to live.

I get the fact that one of the most difficult things to do is to take a look at yourself in the mirror and begin taking moral inventory;being brutally honest.
This includes coming to grips with unfortunate traumatic events.

During childhood,when the teacher asked what you want to be when you grow up,no one answered:"I want to be an addict."

I believe that no one wants to be an addict.
There are several factors to consider,when looking into the mind of a drug abuser.
More often than not,they're running away from their past or present issues,rather than facing up to them.

Then there's that awful six letter word,that keeps many from seeking help;denial.
Denial is the nemesis of recovery and will keep a person on a path of self-destruction.

An addict is his own worst enemy.

I respect everyone has a right to do with their life as they see fit. I want and wish the best for each and every individual.

For those who are curious and are thinking:"maybe just one try." I implore you to reconsider.
It's like jumping into a vat of tar;once you're in,it's going to be very difficult to get out of and if you are able to do so,you're left with an awful mess to be cleaned up.
For those who are struggling,know that there's a person who is sincerely wishing the best for all of you.

I'm still struggling with many other issues;none of them drug-related.

What I will state for the record,is if I can try to reach out to those in need,regardless of whatever else plagues me,then you can at least try to consider recovery;please.
I know you hurt and have issues that you'd rather not discuss,for fear of being ridiculed. Know here,you won't be judged.

Sincerely and Respectfully stated
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 08-19-2012 at 03:27 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Pacifier (08-26-2012), Wendy88 (08-19-2012)