Thread: My Stroke
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: My Stroke

I welcome you as well! So happy to have you. I love your attitude, it will take you far in your recovery.

Reading your story brought me back on so many points of my stroke recovery. I have to agree about the loss of confidence as being the most dramatic change in myself. I have never really gotten it all back. What I have regained instead of the confidence is a different sort of power or strength. So it has been more of a trade, than an actual give away. It sure seems like a huge loss for a long while, until things begin to fit back into their places. It took me years and years to get to where I am today. One day after another.

I really understand what you are going through with all the medications. I also have a huge daily medication regimen, that include many of the same type you take. I have to balance 17 a day, and getting them right and staying on them is so important. Once you do get the list that works for you, I protect it carefully. Keep the changes slow and as few as possible. Also remember that many of the BP meds make you very sensitive to sunlight, and can make you feel terribly if you get into the sun.

We have also found that posting is a wonderful form of exercise for the brain. As we sit here and ponder all the letters and words, our brains are working. I took up Scrabble since my strokes, and went from being awful to pretty good.

We will look forward to getting to know you, learning more about each other. I think you will find some really warm and friendly people here who are all doing the same thing. Learning to live with this thing called stroke, what a mystery it can be!

janet