View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 02:07 AM   #1
(female)

fionalopl HB User
Costochondritis help... how long till I can go back to work?

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me...

The day after I had a needle biopsy on my breast I was in work and started lifting some heavy things, the pain then spread across my chest and down my left arm. I carried on working but then over the next couple of weeks I physically could not work due to the pain. I was admitted to hospital with a panic attack and suspected heart attack twice. It was only after this that the diagnosis of costochondritis was given. It has now been 5 weeks and i have been unable to work during this time as I cannot lift anything or stand up or walk around for the time required. This is very weird for me as I normally work around 50 hours a week and have an active social life. For the past 5 weeks anything physical ends up with me in lots of pain. Even my 2 month old nephew resting his head on my chest is too much to bare.

I went to the doctors yesterday, they say that the pain should have gone by now and so are running the same tests they ran several weeks ago and I feel it is a waste of time. I work in a very physical environment and just want to know how long it has taken others to be able to return to work..?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated!