View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 03:55 AM   #5
(male)

soyoukan HB User
Re: 19 year olds, feeling like CP is taking over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
Hi, Nick!

I am 19 and have mild cerebral palsy as well. I too feel as if my cerebral palsy has been getting worse. I have been having more pain in my joints and have more fatigue. I also can't seem to walk as as far as I used to (I use crutches) and been using a wheelchair more often whenever I go anywhere.

I know how you feel about being self conscious around others because I too have been struggling with the same thing. I've gotten to a point where I don't even want to meet other people and do not get out of the house much. I just feel so different from everyone else. The fact that I've never met anyone with cerebral palsy doesn't help either.

I recently graduated high school and have considered going to college, but I don't have the self confidence. I made good grades in school, but am still nervous about college. Did you feel the same way before you started college?
it has taken me a considerable time to become happy with life and i accept that people will stare or even not like you because of the physical condition you have. just say "go to hell" (in your mind) and go do what you want. NEVER let anyone or anything stop you. what right do they have? It's your life, go live it.

enjoy!

take up some tai chi or qigong it will help with the feelings you described...