View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
(female)

Skip4 HB UserSkip4 HB UserSkip4 HB User
Re: I feel angry all the time, please read this..

Hi Mandy,

I'm sorry you're in such a dark place at the moment. While I know I can't fully understand what you're going through exactly, I can relate to you a little.

My life started falling apart when I was around the age of 20 (I'm 24 now), cutting a long story short I got sick, dumped my boyfriend, stopped talking to and lost contact with my friends, dropped out of university and was jobless. I was like you, staying up all night and sleeping all day. I guess I just felt more comfortable being awake at night and felt like I couldn't face the day. I met someone online and got into a bad relationship with them (although we met up in person and I was practically living with them), she wasn't controlling but she had crazy mood swings and cheated on me, but at the time I felt like she was my only support so I stuck around.

I made a great new friend (again online) and she supported me and so I had the courage/strength to break up with my partner. Now I have 2 great real life friends, one is someone I already knew and the other one is the person I met online who I actually caught up with in real life and now we visit each other regularly through out the year.

I am still suffering from depression and I do find it quite hard to get out of bed in the morning but we gotta keep trying yeah?

We can only make it better if we start working towards it, no big changes all at once of course! Just little things, like trying to fix your sleeping habits, eating 3 meals a day and trying to take a 30min walk each day would really help.

I am still working on all these things. It's not always easy, but I know I can get there and I'm sure you can too

You can break away from the place you're at now and don't forget: The internet is a big place with lots of people! Using boards like these ones I am sure you can find a supportive group of online friends, so please don't ever feel like you're alone or that your boyfriend is the only one you can talk to.

There's others of us out there who know at least partly how you feel and we're all in this together.