View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
(female)

Saffron83 HB User
Re: Will this ever end? Losing Hope

Thank you so much for your reply!! I know when I get really bad episodes, I can come here and know that everyone here understands and reads without judgement- so your response means a lot and is very helpful. What OCD books do you recommend?

As far as therapy: I've seen many therapists, and while I completely value the benefits of therapy, I haven't really met one that I clicked with (and I've been to quite a few). I've only been to one that I found extremely helpful, and he refuses to see me anymore because I flaked on a few appointments. But I need to continue searching for a good one. I just started taking Prozac again, which I've taken in the past.

It just gets exhausting to have these constant battles and disturbing thoughts in your head every second of every day. I feel like I'm fighting a losing fight. It's so hard to maintain a rational line of thought when you feel like you're in a very, very dark place. I'm so worried that I'll never be able to do the things I want- which includes moving to a new city where I know no one- because I won't be able to handle the stress and I'll spiral out of control. Maybe I'm just destined to be in my home city forever, settle here and stay inside the lines. I clearly don't function well outside my comfort zone, but that's no way to live. I"m so exhausted and feel profoundly hopeless.