Thread: Mri analysis
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #46
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Mri analysis

<< No hunching over. Holding head up and better posture. >>

Those are certainly pluses...

<< Poor grip LH. >>

That'd be C6-C8 nerves. If you had a C5-7 ACDF, then the C6 and C7 would have been affected. Of course, they should have been IMPROVED...

<< Worse: (Left only)
Lifting up arm out front.
Arm to outside-can lift to about 30degrees. RH to 90. >>

Is that due to pain, stiffness or weakness? If weakness, then it sure seems like your left deltoid has quit working on you. That'd be your C5 and partly your C4, neither of which levels were operated on.

<< Difficuilt to do buttons, belts, pull up trou.
Lift arm up to, and hold, steering wheel. >>

Seems like more deltoid trouble, and maybe bicep. Still C5 or higher, except if "doing buttons" is due to lack of finger coordination, in which case it's C6-C8, I would think.

<< Physio suspects that the nerve from C1-2 may have been upset during surgery resulting in shoulder problem that is occurring. At least that's what I think she said. >>

Not C1-2. Two or three levels lower. Still above the surgery levels, and at levels where the radiologist said the MRI showed no problem. I can't think of anything besides inflammation due to the surgery, unless the surgeon really screwed up and damaged areas he wasn't even trying to fix, which seems pretty unlikely.