Thread: Going crazy!
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Going crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekaty View Post
Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help. For the last four years or so I've been suffering from what I think is allergies and hayfever. This has gotten steadily worse over the past eighteen months or so, with my symptoms now bordering on unbearable.
The main symptoms I suffer from are itchy eyes, inner ears and gums. I have ruined my gums through continually gnawing at them(awake and asleep- I can't help myself) and I have to have ear buds on hand to deal with the itching in my ears. I don't have a huge issue with nasal congestion but do sneeze quite violently when I wake up and occasionally get tension headaches just above my eyes during the day.
I've been tested for common allergies by the doctor, but this came back negative. I do take a prescription antihistimine daily but find I need to take three of these throughout the day simply to keep my symptoms under control.

I'm genuinely at my wits end. I'm waking up throughout the night and wake up with bleeding gums. I wash bedding weekly and am militant with house cleaning but nothing seems to work!

Is there anything else I should be doing? I'm starting to think that I've maybe got a food intolerance but I wouldn't even know where to start!

Thanks in advance for any advice- I certainly need it.
This has been a HORRIBLE allergy season. I have had allergies since 1985 and have never suffered so much. My ears itch like crazy and the list goes on and on. In regards to your ears, you could have dry skin, which walks hand in hand with allergies. I bought some Cortisone cream and rubbed in and that helped. When it got really bad, I had the ear/nose and throat man prescribe something. The tension in your head could be from sinuses and they raise Cain when allergies flare. I cannot tell you about your gums, but can say I have never heard of the gums being effected by allergies, but I am no doctor. If I were you, I would go to another allergist because there are allergists and there are allergists. When I moved, I went to one who told me I had vasomotor rhinitis and no allergies. Vasomotor walks hand in hand with allergic rhinitis, so he was nuts, but cost me a couple of years of my life. Vasomotor rhinitis is sensitivity to perfumes, new carpet and chemicals while the other allergy, the common one, is an allergy to flowers, trees, etc.