View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
(male)

jal2179 HB User
What is going on with me?

Hello all. I am new here. My name is Josiah and I'm at a very low place right now. Up until all of this started, I was a happy, healthy, successful college student with a great job. Two months ago, I went to the ER with what I thought was a heart attack (but was actually a panic attack). Since then, my life has been a downward spiral. I have been to the ER three times, my doctor four times, a psychiatric facility, and also a neurologist and cardiologist. Although every single one of them has told me I am completely healthy, I cannot convince myself. I have lost 15 pounds since this started (I am very skinny anyway). I barely can eat or sleep anymore. Three weeks ago, I was put on Bupropion (Wellbutrin) and just last week my doctor prescribed me xanax as well. Nothing seems to be getting better in terms of my anxiety. I constantly have to leave work and class early because I have these episodes. Every few days it's something else. A stroke, MS, heart failure, kidney failure, I always think I have a fatal disease. I am nearly CONVINCED I have a brain tumor, although my neurologist said I was completely fine and didn't even need a brain scan. I have had the worst symptoms all throughout. This has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I feel as though I'm battling cancer. Since taking the xanax and doubling my prescription of Bupropion last week, I have felt completely detached from reality. I start therapy next week and start seeing a psychiatrist in a couple months.

How do I convince myself that I'm okay? I'm constantly terrified and it's ruining everything I have going for me.

Last edited by jal2179; 08-27-2012 at 03:40 PM.