View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
(female)

cattt HB User
Re: two lumps in trapezius muscle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Yes, sometimes they are hard and fixed in place, especially ones that have been there for a long time. I do get electric shock feelings when the muscle spasms get really hard sometimes.

Fibromyalgia? Not necessarily. People who have many trigger points all over their body are often diagnosed with fibro, but almost everyone has SOME trigger points at some point in their life. If you just have two, you probably don't have fibro.
Makes so much sense! That's a huge relief, they've been there for years, haven't grown at all but are just so rock hard and painful. I was always really scared about them since I didn't know what they were. And the electric shocks come out of nowhere, it's crazy. I'll be sitting in class and it'll feel like someone has stabbed me in the neck, very painful.
I also have this hard lump in the back of my neck, right underneath my hairline/skull to the left side that I think I should go in about since I believe that's where your lymph nodes are? The thing that's weird about this lump is that it completely disappears when I move my head to the right or look down, I have no idea what it is.
Thank you for your help! I feel very relieved about these muscle lumps now!