View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
(female)

SunniDay HB UserSunniDay HB User
Surgery scheduled for 9/18

I can't even say how glad I am that I found this board.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, but honestly relieved. I'm so,so tired of constant foot pain and problems. On 9/18 I'm having the following procedures. I'll type them exactly as they are on my paperwork, I'm just learning what the technical terms mean. My doctor explained everything quite clearly (little scary), and I've been looking up the terms to match them with the procedures he described. I should have taken someone with me to my appointment to take notes. I'm usually pretty good about understanding, remembering, asking questions. I think that because it's been such a whirlwind year, I wasn't as prepared as I usually am when I visit a doctor. I didn't think about how much information I would have to take in. So here's my list:

Right gastroc recession and dorsiflexion osteotomy midfoot fusion and tarsometatarsal first, second and third, lateral displacing calcaneal, peroneus longus to peroneus brevis and plantar fascia release. Yeah, it's a mouthful

Because I broke both knees several years ago, I'm unable to use a knee walker. So during my NWB time I'll be using a wheelchair to get around.

I'm really not even sure what questions to ask yet. I've been reading posts tonight, and learning. For now I'm just ready to say I'm here and hope I'll learn more about what to expect, recovery-wise, before my surgery date.