View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: SOL (no pun intended)

You're not being inconsiderate; I have suffered from an internal rectal prolapse, fissure and hemmorhoids so I have an idea what kind of pain you are in, though mine was different and I'm fine now.

Physio-therapy is used to treat pelvic floor dysfunction. It could be that your sphincter muscles are contracting rather than relaxing thus preventing you from being able to have a bowel movement. These physio's deal with pfd and also with strengthening the pelvic floor muscles. They see a lot of women who have just delivered babies and that's usually where you will find them in your town. I have to say, I'm not a doctor, only a doctor can diagnose you, but your symptoms sounded familiar. I cannot post a link but if you do a google search on pelvic floor dysfunction, you might see some similarities to your condition. Good luck and please keep me posted on how you're doing.