View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 03:44 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User
Re: Not yet 3 months post stroke

G’Day Guyp,
Hope you are as well as can be and your spirits are high. I spent 9 days in hospital and then was moved to a rehab hospital. I remember after a couple days one of the physios said to me “how much do you want to improved? 50%, 60% “my reply was 110%.
He proceeded by telling me I had to become use to my ‘new you”. I was confused, how can he be saying this to me. I was paralysed down the entire right side of my body, it made me more determine to improve, I didn’t know how or when. That was around March 2010.
I was determine to regain as much of my old self as possible. I will never accept the way I am, I have to keep trying to improve, and I will run again one day. I reckon that there is no time frame.
I didn’t know when, where or how, I just want my old self back. That’s just the way I am, single minded. I hope I didn’t offend anyone.
George

Last edited by goingtorun; 09-03-2012 at 03:47 AM. Reason: forgot stuff, sorry...