View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
(male)

jsanjaeke HB User
stopping Zoloft; sex drive, emotional

I am 29 and have had depression since my late teens. I have been on and off antidepressants a few times. I donít like taking drugs for depression because it makes me feel weak to have to take something to feel good or to get through the day. I know thatís not a good way to think, but I canít get around it.

I had been on zoloft for about a year and a half. I felt good on it but wanted to try to go off if it. I finally went off zoloft. I reduced my does slowly over about two months. I thought that would make for an easy transition, I was wrong. I had very bad head aches and would get very dizzy. Now I have been off for about two months and notice I have lost all sex drive or interest in sex. I know people have problems while on antidepressants but this was not the case with me, but now that I am off zoloft I have no sex drive.

I have also noticed I have been extremely emotional particularly when watching moves. I am a man and I almost am in tears during every emotional part of a movie. There is nothing wrong with being emotional but it isnít me and I have never been like this in the past.
I just wanted to know if anyone has had this type of experience going off of Zoloft or other antidepressants.