View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
(female)

MamabearCushing HB User
LEEP vs CKC (and my story)

A little background: I am 25. I have had HPV for 7 years. Recently I just found out that I have stage 0 cervical cancer (precancer). I just found out that I have been at this stage since I was 21/22. Even though I have been going to my visits, getting the biopsies. None of my doctors explained to me what is actually going on. After the birth of my daughter I had a LEEP. Two abnormal paps and a colposcopy later, I need another LEEP. Over the phone when they told me things arent getting better. Words like hysterectomy came up and oncologist. My husband and I were trying to conceive but when I heard those words I started worrying. On top of the severe dysplasia I have been getting symptoms of endometriosis. I had an ultrasound to rule out cysts. I am waiting on the results but the tech made it kind of obvious that there werent cysts.

I did make an appt to meet with my current gyno to talk more about this and the next steps. And for him to explain to me what exactly is going on.

But my question is, if we want to try for another baby which is the best way to go? My doctor doesnt want to do CKC, not sure if its because of his skills. I am going to ask him during my next appt. From what I am reading CKC has the best results. LEEP doesnt go as deep as CKC. The more LEEPs I have the weaker my cervix becomes (right?)

Giving what I have told you about myself which is the best option in your opinion?