View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
(female)

SunniDay HB UserSunniDay HB User
Re: Surgery scheduled for 9/18

Do you feel ready, Ginger? I'm glad you got everything ordered. Do you know how long it will take to get it?

I talked to my surgeon's nurse today,and found out that he doesn't use the ice machine. That's kind of disappointing, but not the end of the world. She said that he tells patients to put ice behind their knee because it's hard for the cold to help through the splint and bandages. We'll see.

Pain is one of the things I'm concerned about. He is going the nerve block, and switched my surgery from an outpatient surgical center to a hospital, so I can spend a night if I need to for pain management. I'll be on Percocet when I get home. I've taken Vicodin in the past, but not Percocet. I hope it works well. When I had reconstructive surgery on my left wrist following a car accident several years ago, the first 24 hours were pretty unbearable, but after that the medication took the edge off.

The one other thing I'm concerned about is maneuvering with the chair. But I see plenty of other people doing it, and I figure if they can do it, so can I. I've always been pretty clumsy, but I'm sure I'll manage

A week from tonight I'll be recovering from surgery!

Denise