View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
(male)

Nicker HB UserNicker HB UserNicker HB UserNicker HB User
Re: What next when pain is bad, doctor says disc not that bad

[QUOTE=KittyKat3426;5054302]My husband has had bad lower back pain for about 5 yrs. He has been on high dosages of pain meds, had several eps, had nerve burns, and still no real relief. Finally the pain went from the lower back and outside of his right leg to his right knee. It's so servre he can't stand or walk for longer than 10 min. he is in servre pain the rest of the night. He went to a orthro surgeon last week and he had a MRI done. It just showed 2 bulging disc, but they seemed to think they weren't that bad. They suggested phys theraphy, but he has already has had it several times and it didn't help for long. I have him going go a chrio and it has helped a little for the lower back, but not any for the leg. Still only if he does nothing. It's just not any quality of life when you can't do anything without pain. I think our next step is to see a nero surgeon or just plain nero doctor to track down the problem. We sent his MRI to The Spine Center in Tampa and they said the disc are leaking and need laser surgery, but I know nothing about them. So I don't know if we want to go to them. Especially since the doctors here don't want to do anything. Anyone out there have any ideas? Thanks, KittyKat3426[/QUOTE]

It has been my experience that the spine centers will pretty much tell you anything to get you in there. Its weird that they can tell you that the disc's are leaking from an MRI and that you def need surgery. Seems very odd to me. I would personally go see a couple neurosurgeons.