View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #17
(female)

SunniDay HB UserSunniDay HB User
Smile Re: Surgery scheduled for 9/18

Thanks, Ginger ~ great tips!

I got my wheelchair today. I went to the Medical Supply place to order it, and they had a brand new one I was able to bring home with me. I've practiced with it a little already. Thankfully, it's easier than I thought. We'll see how easy it is after the surgery!

They also had a knee walker that's different than the one I looked at last week. I tried it, and think I could use it for short periods. I'm sure my knee couldn't take it for long, due to the old injury. But I believe it would be easier to get around with at home. My bathroom isn't big enough for the wheelchair. I'm going to check out the purchase price, and may buy one. My insurance will pay 100% of the rental fee for chair or knee walker, but won't pay for both at the same time. Since I'll have the other foot done in a year or so, I'm thinking owning one wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'm going to check out the site I usually order things from. They probably have the knee walker, and there I'm going to order the wheelchair accessories I need from them. Great idea about signing up for their Prime deal.

Denise