View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #18
(female)

prico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB User
Re: Surgery scheduled for 9/18

Denise, sounds like you are getting ready and it pays off to be prepared. I over planned and I am really glad I did. I bought all the equipment in advance and have used all of it. There isnt anything I got that I havent needed. I did buy a used ice boot and used it alot when I had the big splint on. Now with the fiberglass cast it wont do any good but in a week I can ice it again. I will battle to keep the swelling at a minimum. I use my knee scooter alot. I take it in the yard and get to my lawn chair. I feel much safer than with the crutches. The bed wedge my sister bought me is great for elevating my foot in bed or on the sofa. I use my regular walker to go from my bed to the bath, it depends on logistics but the walker fits better for me. Are you as nervous as can be? That was the worst part for me. That and the iv holy hell that was a nightmare. They make you fast after midnight and then they cant find a damn vein. I had the nerve block and I highly recommend it. Oh good luck to you I will be there in spirit for you just like you were for me and others.