View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
(female)

Heather716 HB User
Re: Peripheral Neuropathy

Hi Moses TC,
I have never heard of a Spinal Cord Stimulator so I googled it. I guess my first question is, is your doctor a neurologist or a GP? Seems severe to me. I try to be super informed and research a lot. I also try to find the most natural ways first. Having said that I went from no ness for Neuropathy to two overnight. So back to the Neurologist to be sure that is the right path. I take Gabapentin & Cymbalta. Although they say I am too controlled a diabetic to have this, my pain is definitely worse as a result of carbs & sugar. So I continue to eliminate those. They B12 is for nerve health so I am going on that. I am still struggling with excepting this is for life and then I need to educate my family & friends. People still have high expectations of me that I set when I was well. However I am determined to get better control of this nightmare moving forward. I don't know anyone else with this so it's rather depressing. I guess it's a process but yes I'dlove to chat with you. What do you do fir drop foot and is that a symptom of Neuropathy. Were you diagnosed with Peripheral Neuropathy? Heather