View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB User
Re: Costochondritis help... how long till I can go back to work?

Hi fionalopl -- I am so glad you are able to return to one of your jobs. Feeling productive can be uplifting to your spirit. Best of luck next week, and please be careful.

Ronnald -- indeed, I have found a lot of crossover between my various conditions and the folks on the boards. When I first had the costo pain, I threw up, then the incredible pain kicked in a day later. I called the local ER on a holiday weekend and they had no estimate for triage times. Then I touched the lump in my chest which was tender and iced the area, which helped.

I have been able to pop various joints in my rib/sternum junction ever since I can remember. Apparently, such a talent is not normal. Many folks with injuries are hypermobile, at least in the particular joint, predisposing them to injury. Now that I am aware of my hypermobility, I try to be careful, like not allowing my knees to bend backward. Ice and kinesio tape have been the only things that help with my costo. The tape is stretchy and comes in different brands. I was told by one PT that I don't breath correctly, triggering the costo. That was my last visit.