View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User
Re: Tons of digestive issues and other symptoms... could it be candida?

Oh wow, that's awful. I'm glad you're better now.
As far as I know, everything I've been taking says it doesn't have yeast. For a few months I've been taking multivitamins, garlic, fish oil, and coq10. About a month ago I added milk thistle and burdock root (which I ran out of), and I recently added caprylic acid, chlorophyll, grapefruit seed extract, and oregano oil (which I'm not going to take for a couple of weeks). Are those things safe?

I don't really have any external symptoms but for a while I did have pretty bad dandruff. Since I moved out of my apartment that I suspected was contaminated with mold that has gone away for the most part. It might have had something to do with the fish oil I've been taking, though. It also seems like my hair loss has slowed down and the little red dots on my skin have become fewer and farther between (the big ones are still there but the tiny ones are going away). Also, in the last few weeks of living in that apartment I noticed dry, flaky skin between my fingers that was darker than the rest of my skin, it almost looked like I had self tanner on those spots. That also went away when I moved. One thing I have noticed recently is vaginal discharge that looks like a yeast infection but without the smell and itching.

I did the saliva test for candida, where you spit into a glass of water first thing in the morning and if it has strings coming from it you apparently have a candida problem. Mine was "positive" but I don't really know how accurate that test is.