View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
(female)

IndyGirl1 HB UserIndyGirl1 HB User
Re: Trying to determine the cause...

Hello There LiquidPlasma,

I am going to try to make this as clear as possible but it is very hard to explain. I have injured my right disc and it is out of place and is obviously causing muscle tightness in the right joint area. My jaw shifts slightly to the right and is like that all day every day. If you were to draw a line from my nose down to my jaw you can clearly see my jaw sits to the right slightly. However when I talk about the slant I am referring to my teeth and the way they look. My bottom row of teeth are not even, the right side pull up slightly. When I relax my jaw I can see they rise higher on the right and when I close my jaw you can still see that side is higher. I attribute this to the jaw joint being out of place and sitting in a more awkward, less level state.

If you have had an mri that shows a disc displacement on one or both sides then it is probably a combination of the joint being in an incorrect position in addition to your muscles being tight. If you have had an mri that shows both discs are in place and working properly then you have an easier to correct muscle dysfunction. I am sure tight muscles can cause a slant to some extent as well.

I hope I have not confused you. Maybe you could tell me more of your story when you have time? Have a wonderful day.

Misty