View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sofacouch HB User
Ultrasound Question

Okay, I had a goiter ultrasound yesterday. Results were to go to doc this morning (Friday), so I'd hoped to find out so I wouldn't have to wait over the weekend. Naturally they did not call back and I'm frustrated not knowing.

So when she did the ultrasound, there were a lot of times it made a sound like a swoosh, like an email going out on a Mac computer. (I really wondered if the images were getting emailed as she did it!) But my question is, do all thyroid ultrasounds make that noise, or was that typical of sending images of nodules she saw? She would roll that thing around, and at certain angles send off a swoosh. There had to have been at least 15 or so of them, probably more. Or maybe she just sent photos in all directions even if no nodule showed?

Obviously desperate for *some* information!!! I am a researcher and sick of dealing with the health care system. I can't stand not having the data I need to get on with understanding my situation. Of course the imaging center is not allowed to give it to me. It's my freaking body right????!!!!!