View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
(female)

Bellarose idaho HB User
Re: 5 months pregnant / Diagnosed with Giant Sclerosing Hemangioma ~ NEED INFO!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Here is how my labor story played out...I was induced with cytotec and pitocin at 40 weeks and 5 days, after 14 hours of labor, the baby started to have problems with the heart decelling. I ended up with a c-section and removal of a goose egg sized fibroid. My little one is perfect in every sense of the word, in spite of my train wreck of a body, she will be 13 weeks tomorrow. Honestly, I feel that the c-section was the best way to go. I did end up with a staph infection afterwards, but that had nothing to do with the liver mass. Healing happened pretty quickly and the mass never appeared to be an issue, other than some right shoulder pain after surgery. Now that I am healed I do have to deal with the mass as now the local doctors aren't 100% what I have is a hemangioma vs. Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma. So, I have a ct scan scheduled for next week, and if the results are still inconclusive I will have to see a hepatic surgeon and go from there. Your body is capable of amazing things, keep positive and know that you and the life inside of you are a miracle in the making.

Last edited by Bellarose idaho; 09-22-2012 at 07:13 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bellarose idaho For This Useful Post:
MFarry (09-22-2012)