View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Swelling normal after inguinal hernia repair?

Yes, it is definitely in that general area. I definitely feel that this is more of a recent issue, but it seems to be a little better right now. It fluctuates from time to time. I'm not sure if this is correct, but it seems that my transverse abs are a little less elastic. I'll get a little puffy from a full bladder or eating something that made me feel bloated, and then my abs seem to "stretch" a bit and not really go back down. I do a lot of plank-type exercises, but once this happens, it gets very uncomfortable and feels strained to do any kinds of these exercises. Then it gets better over time and I'm back to flatter abs. Now that I really think about it, this has been going on for a while now. I will be seeing my primary doctor in October to ask about an ultrasound to check things out. If all looks normal, I may just need to talk to a physical therapist that has experience with hernias. I've talked to physical therapists but usually get very general advice. Hopefully I will have some answers soon! Yes, I definitely don't want my back to have issues too. I already have quite a lot of chronic pain in my upper back and neck area (being treated for this currently), so I definitely don't want more of that Thank you for your reply! I hope your own recovery continues to go well!

The Following User Says Thank You to tUrRrRa For This Useful Post:
mayam (09-24-2012)