View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
(female)

frisson HB User
Assistance Reading Lab Work

Hello this is my first time here, but I have been following the forums for awhile. I've included symptoms, and lab results in this post and if anyone has any information to offer it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

For the last 2 years I have been getting progressively worse. Severe anxiety attacks at night inhibit sleep, increased allergies, developed asthma last July (had as a child, but asthma-free for the last 10+ years), hair loss, thinning outer third eyebrow hair (not complete loss, but a significant amount of thinning nonetheless), weight loss despite appetite/dietary increase (this includes difficulty gaining weight despite increased caloric intake), very dry skin, brittle hair, severe fatigue, increased headaches.. the list could go on forever. I already have a chart to take in with my doctor but my symptoms are very similar to both hypothyroid and hyperthyroid, I am not sure if it is possible to switch between hyper and hypo but the way my symptoms come and go throughout the day I feel like it is happening.

Recently I ordered a Thyroid blood lab package to see how my levels were doing, and I just received my results. I will be seeing my doctor on October 8th and I just wanted to have a little insight before hand. Any help is greatly appreciated, and thank you to everyone who has made this forum possible!! It really is nice to have so much information available.

Lab Results (with ref. range)

Free T4: 1.61 [Range: 0.82-1.77]
Free T3: 3.8 [Range: 2.0 - 4.4]
Reverse T3: 40.2 [Range: 13.5-34.2]
TSH: 0.671 [Range: 0.450-4.500]
TPO: 15 [Range: 0-34]
TgAb: <20 [Range: 0-40]

Not sure if it is pertinent to mention but these were some blood results the site recommended I follow-up with my doctor about.

Iron: 181 [35-155]
WBC: 4.7 [4.0-10.5]

Platelets: 175 [140-415]
WBC: 0 [0-5]

Last edited by frisson; 09-26-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: updated doctor appointment time

The following user gives a hug of support to frisson:
Givemeabreak79 (09-26-2012)