View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: When end stage PC PT has turned jaundice

As you know, many factors go into the progression of PC. It depends on the aggressiveness of the tumor, how much metastasis (spread to other areas) has occurred, her nutritional state, how much she fights to survive, etc. So the best anyone, even her Drs who know her case well, can do is a well intentioned guess. I know that isn't comfortable for anyone, but my best guess, not knowing anything about her case other than she is jaundiced now, is about 3 months. If she can't eat, it could be sooner. If she looks normal and is still eating and hasn't lost a lot of weight, it could be a little longer. Hopefully others will venture a guess as well, just to help you have some realistic expectations and not think she will last 2 years. I would highly recommend discussing this with her Drs and ask for just a ballpark guess based on other similar patients they have treated. I am always torn about giving any opinion, as invariably it is never right on, especially when you don't know the patient. I am so sorry you are struggling through this. You can use this board as a sounding board for your own support as you go through this journey with her.