View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
(male)

kansas279 HB User
Unhappy Looking for answers...

Hi All,

I am a 33 yr old male, who was diagnosed as OCD when I was 19 yr old. I have had numerous issues with BDD, hypochondria, as well as generalized anxiety.

I have been on and off different medications for the last 10+ years...most recently, I have been unable to tolerate SSRI's. Lexapro made me crawl out of my skin, and most recently Luvox made me feel as if I were going to go crazy.

2 years ago I took 25 mg of Anafranil and it kept me stable. Was not a wonder pill, but it helped me get a good job, get married and overcome my fear of flying.

A big issue I have is that my mind just won't slow down. The thoughts come a mile a minute, and I have difficulty focusing on one thought. I also have trouble sleeping, which is take Klonopin for.

A worry of mine, is that I have a mild form of bipolar and that I am not being treated properly. I know bipolar can be difficult to diagnose, but if I have it I want to be treated for it. My therapist chalks this up to my OCD worry. My concern is, that somehow I caused my brain to become bipolar from stopping and starting meds so many times.

Right now, I am back to taking 25mg of Anafranil, yesterday was my 1st day, so we will see how it plays out.

Sometimes I wish I just had a "normal" brain...

Thanks for letting me vent