View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
(female)

AuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB User
Re: Perc Neph (PCNL) Procedure For Kidney Stones??

Actually, I don't have a lot of pain either. They were first discovered two years ago when I was in a car accident and had to have CT scans. They told me while I was in the hospital what the scan showed and suggested I bring it to my PCP's attention. When I did, she seemed to think I should leave them alone if they weren't bothering me. Over the past several months, I've started having lower back pain and hip pain. I'd forgotten about the stones and assumed I was getting arthritis in my hips and back. Then a few months ago, I began seeing an occasional pink tinge to my urine and the back pain would be accompanied by some cramping. So we did another CT scan and found this one stone had really grown. The doctor said, because it's too big to pass, it's not getting stuck, just floating around in there and causing pain, depending on which way my body position sends it next. All very scientific! I wish now we'd done something about it when they first saw them. But I was dealing with other injuries then and kidney stones were low on the priority list. I'm hoping to get mine done before the end of the year, too. My insurance deductible is met for this year. If I have to wait till next year, I'll be paying a hefty share of the bill. Besides, I'm like you. I just want to get it over with. One less thing to worry about. My appointment is 8:45 a.m., so will be getting up pretty early! I'd like to ask the doctor what he was thinking. But I guess I'll just keep quiet and be a good little patient. ;-)