View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Please please help

Farrah, I would ask to have a urine test for catecholamines. That is to test for excess adrenaline coming from your adrenal glands, the rare thing I mentioned before. Sometimes when symptoms are bothersome and no cause can be found, it is worth it to treat your symptoms so you feel better. Do you know how your BP runs? If it isn't low, a beta blocker may be helpful to slow your heart rate. Also, if position changes, like from sitting to standing trigger your symptoms, you may have orthostatic hypotension. It is important to check your pulse and BP lying, sitting and standing to check for that. You can ask at your Dr's office for them to check postural Vital signs. Some people have an exaggerated response to position change, and their BP drops and pulse rises when they are upright. It is called POTS, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. It can be treated if it turns out to be that. I hope you find some answers soon.