Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
(female)

firefightermum HB User
Question Advice please

Hi I am new here and have just found this site, I hope someone can help me with some advice. I am 53 and started in Feb with constipation, and the occasional very low left side abdominal pain. I felt unwell, tired, and my gp sent me a scan thinking it was ovarian cyst? scan was fine... pain began to be more troublesome (very sharp feels like something is twisting in my groin area. bowel pattern became more troublesome always constipated, (small pellet type)!!, and noticed lots of mucus.. started taking laxatives but these did not help. Saw a Consultant last week, who did a colonoscopy 2 days ago and screened for bowel cancer.... I have been told colon looked normal, so diagnosis is IBS, I have a follow up appointment in 3 weeks, and have rang this morning due to the pain being constant now, since the bowel prep for the colonoscopy? my pubic bone on the left side is very painful when touched, I dont know what the hell is going on, and I am getting frightened to eat, because of the pain I am in, its getting me down. Has anyone had similar problems, would be grateful to hear off you. Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to firefightermum:
elizabeth62 (09-28-2012)