View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
(female)

mandymolly HB User
Lightbulb abusive relationship/ narssistic personality

Hi,
I really just wanted to share my story of the past two years of being in a relationship with someone who drove me to severe depression.

He was very charming at first (I'd never have stayed otherwise). The warning signs were there like shouting at me in a rage because I'd forgotten to wash his boxer shorts, instant rage when a waiter was not being attentive or someone cut him up on the road. I made excuses for him and put it down to him being tired. I had worked hard for years to finally get offered a rare opportunity of being accepted for a top job in my company which required staying away for one week a month for three months. He didn't want me to go as he had always had control by giving me money then demanding it back when he knew I didn't have it. Long story short, I went after he took my money and left me stranded, he sent me abusive texts while I was away, forwarded texts to me that he had from other women, naked women, asked who was looking after my house when I was away? Called one night 49 times, came to the city I was staying in while away, set endless texts. I came home and he made his way into my home and violently assaulted me. He turned up in court with a woman on his arms who listened to all the details and his claim of self defence after I pushed his arm away when he tried to grab me. (Justified in his warped mind). Everything was always my fault, he was a master manipulator, there was not one aspect of my life that he hadn't abused. He had managed to become the sole influence in my life as I had lost touch with friends, didn't see family much and I had went from being a happy confident woman to an anxious shell of my former self with no self esteem left. I actually thought it was me that was going mad. He kicked my dog that I love full in the face after the dog ate my dinner he had left lying out, that was the final straw, this wasn't normal behaviour.

The only choice I had was to leave. Reading about narssistic personality disorder has been light a lightbulb moment for me, this was the person I had been in love with and suffered so much with, this described the past two years of my life so uncannily. I can heal now I understand. If anyone is in the same situation I was, my advice is get out, leave, it will not get better, it will only get worse. My advice to anyone who has left is stay strong, have no contact, don't let them reel you in again because in doing so you're allowing them to abuse you again....and they will. You're worth so much more than that. Love Mandymolly x

Last edited by Administrator; 09-29-2012 at 03:27 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: mandymolly
Phoenix (10-02-2012), Seraph (09-29-2012)