View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: help decephoring mri and ct readings

With such an extensive report, I'll just try to sum it up. The worst pf your problems is at the lumbar area of the last lumbar vertebrae L5 and the sacrum. This involves disc narrowing (deterioration) and mild slipping of the L5 vertebrae forward over the sacral vertebrae pinching off the nerve to some extent on the right. At the same level you have evidence of a herniated disc fragment pushing on the left nerve root as well. So I would expect low back pain, very bad pressure feeling in the sacrum and possible sciatic pain on both sides. There is mild disease, like early arthritis, in the neck and thoracic spine involving the discs and facet joints, but these are all listed as mild. The problem at L5,S1 might be helped somewhat by PT, epidural steroid injections and other conservative measures. Since you are so young with rather widespread involvement, I would not rush into anything surgical. Save that for if all else fails and you truly can't stand it or live with it.