View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
(female)

jessiedyan HB User
Re: constant pressure in head/neck, chronic pain & fatigue, weakness, etc.

Thank you SO SO much for your support and kind words of encouragement. I cried like a baby when I read your response to my post, because for the first time in these past 2 months I actually feel understood and respected. I know what you mean about downplaying how bad you are feeling. At first I couldn't hide it, I just sobbed in the doctor's office because I felt so physically worn out and emotionally frustrated. Now I'm much more composed because I'm afraid if I break down they're just going to take that as a sign that I'm depressed or overly anxious and that's my only problem. And yes! I am also 100% positive that I would not be anxious or depressed at all if I felt better! In fact, there are so many good things potentially going on in my life that this stupid sickness is holding me back from, and THAT is what is making me sad.

To spare room and your time, I'm just going to say that I adamantly agree with every single statement you made about doctors and the healthcare system and just everything you said in general! Ah! I feel so liberated and so happy to know that someone out there actually gets it.

I have a follow up appointment with a rheumatologist in 2 days. He is going to discuss results of some blood tests he ran, including lupus. He also wants me to see a psychiatrist, which I have made no effort to do yet because quite frankly I'm afraid they're not going to look at any deeper issues and just medicate me. I don't know any good psychiatrists in my area, so maybe I should ask around.

You're right. We are young and we are supposed to be healthy and vibrant and full of LIFE! But instead we feel like we are dying. It isn't right and it also isn't right that doctors just poo it off as stress and anxiety. Thank you so much for being such an inspiration. It's so uplifting to see that you have been dealing with this for 8 months and you are still staying so hopeful and positive. I will keep you in my prayers! I cannot thank you enough for being a light in this dark time in my life.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-01-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: remove huge quote