Thread: Depression?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
(female)

ires HB User
Depression?

Hi everyone. First of all I'd like to say that I don't know if this is appropriate, if I shouldn't be posting this in this board, so I apologize in advance. I don't know what I should do now and I really hope someone could help.

I don't know if I'm depressed. I've read sites on symptoms on depression but I don't know if I'm just, what my friends call, being ''emo'', being ''sad'', being in a state that doesn't count as depression, or if I really am depressed.

I can concentrate, my appetite is normal and my grades are doing fine. During the day I am usually fine, and am able to socialize.

But sometimes during the day, and every night (like now) I feel a sense of worthlessness and helplessness washing over me - it's as if it's weighing me down and has put a perpetual fog on my brain. Sometimes I sink into bouts of self-loathing. Previously I used to cry myself to sleep but it's better now. But that sense of worthlessness never fades though.

I don't know. Am I depressed? Or is this just a phase of teenage angst? A year back, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep and there was a sense of worthlessness, though not as strong as now. I don't want my parents knowing about this so I've never tried to seek any professional help, though I've been talking about it to my friends but I don't think they see it as something serious (and maybe it's not? maybe I'm making too big a deal of it? I don't know)

Please help. Thank you so much.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-02-2012 at 10:20 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to ires:
Phoenix (10-02-2012)